The American Association of Cardiologists of Indian Origin (AACIO) awards the Dr. Krishna Ramaswamy and two Dr. Madhukar Deshmukh Young Investigator Awards at the AACIO dinner meetings held each year during the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association annual convention in March and November. The finalists present their abstract at the meeting and receive $1000.00 award and a plaque.
1. Assign one of the following categories to your abstract and place at the top above the abstract title: Basic Science, Preventive and Imaging Cardiology, Interventional and EP Cardiology
2. Maximum 2 abstracts
3. The following will not
be considered for the AACIO Young Investigator Awards (YIA): a) Abstracts from previous Awardees, b) Abstracts already presented or accepted for presentation, c) Abstracts already published (in part or as a full manuscript) or accepted for publication.
4. Submitters must be a) Resident/Fellow in cardiology or cardiology related field or b) have a research position in cardiology or related field or c) if a faculty, must have completed their Residency or Fellowship program within 5 years of submission. Include the contact information for the submitting author in the email message; do not include on the abstract.
5. Abstract format: Each abstract is limited to 1950 characters. Each figure, graph and/or table is a deduction of 500 characters from the 1950 characters permitted for the abstract. The abstract may go to a second page only to accommodate the graphs/charts/figures. Abstract should contain the Title of the Abstract followed by the names and degrees of all authors (underline the submitting author’s name) and their affiliation(s), then a blank line followed by the abstract. Abstracts not submitted in this format will be returned for correction or rejected.
6. Abstracts must be submitted as an email attachment to email@example.com
and it is preferred not to send via a secure site or other internet services for downloading.
7. For abstract submission or any queries, contact Navin C. Nanda, MD, office phone: 205-934-8256; email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. A total of 3 Awards, each for $1000, will be given. Awardees need to be present on Sunday, November 17, 2013 at the AACIO Meeting in Dallas, Texas (Venue will be confirmed)
9. The YIAs presentation will be either oral or poster and you will be notified regarding this at the time of acceptance of the abstract. If the presentation is in poster format, Awardees need to be present by 6:00 – 6:15 pm to setup their poster which should be a maximum of 4’x3’. If oral, presentation time will be strictly limited to 5 minutes.
10. Abstract submission deadline is September 13, 2013.