DR. KRISHNA RAMASWAMY AWARD
Intracoronary Imaging Versus Coronary Angiography Guidance for Implantation of Second and Third Generation Drug Eluting Stents: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Akshay Machanahalli Balakrishna, MDa, Mahmoud Ismayl, MDa, Andrew M Goldsweig, MD, MSb, Luke A Peters, MDc; Venkata M Alla, MDd, Poonam Velagapudi, MD, MSb, David X Zhao, MD PhDc, Saraschandra Vallabhajosyula, MD MScc
aDepartment of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska
bDivision of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Nebraska School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska
cSection of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
dDivision of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska
DR. MADHUKAR DESHMUKH AWARDS
Preventive and Imaging Cardiology
“The Ganja Heart”-Marijuana use as a Risk Factor for Ischemic Heart Disease-A Retrospective Cohort Study from the National Inpatient Sample
Kavin Raj MBBS1; KJ Pillai MBBS2; Surya Kiran Aedma MBBS1; Preetham Kumar MD1; Ramdas G Pai, MD, FACC1; Vrinda Vyas MBBS1; Umesh Bhagat MBBS3.
1. University of California Riverside School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology
2. Government Kilpauk Medical College
3. Cleveland Clinic
Sex Differences in the Association of Multi-Ethnic Genome-Wide Blood Pressure Polygenic Risk Score with Hypertension
Naman S. Shetty, MD1, Vibhu Parcha, MD1, Akhil Pampana, MS1, Gnyata Patel2, Gina Josey1, Marguerite R. Irvin, PhD3, Pradeep Natarajan, MD, MMSc 4,5,6, Henry J. Lin, MD7, Xiuqing Guo, PhD7, Stephen S. Rich, PhD8, Jerome I. Rotter, MD7, Peng Li, PhD9, Suzanne Oparil, MD1, Garima Arora, MD1, Pankaj Arora, MD1,10
1. Division of Cardiovascular Disease, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham,
2. Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham,
3. Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at
Birmingham, AL, USA.
4. Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston,
5. Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical
School, Boston, MA, USA.
6. Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT,
Cambridge, MA, USA.
7. The Institute for Translational Genomics and Population Sciences, Department of
Pediatrics, The Lundquist Institute for Biomedical Innovation at Harbor-UCLA Medical
Center, Torrance, CA USA.
8. Center for Public Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA USA
9. School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA.
10. Section of Cardiology, Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, AL.